Friday, 20 January 2012

Price Vs Good Customer Service?

I work as a cashier in a supermarket and my manager once asked me;
"What do you think influences where people choose to shop? Price or Customer Service?"

Now being a money savvy mum, I of course answered price, but I was wrong. In a survey the company had done, more people had answered Customer Service. 

I must admit I was shocked, value for money had always been the most important to me and I assumed that was the same for most people. 

But recently I have realised that I was wrong and everyone else was right. Good Customer Service IS more important than price. 

Recently I was in a local supermarket (not the one that I work for but another one) when I took the wrong bank card with me and couldn't pay for my shopping. One of the lads I dealt with was really helpful and understanding, but when I went in later to pay from my electricity the other lad was discussing me to his colleagues when I walked past which was really embarrassing and disgusting and something that I would never do at work.

Needless to say I will be writing a letter of complaint to the company about his behaviour. 

But then another thing I've noticed... we are always quick to complain about bad customer service, but when do we ever take the time to praise good customer service.

So next time you recieve good service, whether a friendly cashier or a helpful delivery driver, make sure you take the time to thank them. Believe me, it will make their day :)


No comments:

Post a Comment