Monday, 27 February 2012

Decorating... Yet Again!

18 months ago, hubby spent a lot of time and effort (not to mention money) creating a pretty pink Princess bedroom for the girls. When he had finished it looked fantastic 





How I wish I could say that their room still looked this lovely. How I wish I could say that they looked after their room. But sadly I can't!!! 


Since DD2 learnt to write her name, she has enjoyed writing her name EVERYWHERE!!! The walls... the table... the sofa... the floor... and not one to miss out DD1 has decided it's fun to write on the walls herself, but craftily she has written her sisters name and not her own! Unfortunately for her, she wrote it too high and too neat for it actually to have been her sister who wrote it!


This is what their bedroom now looks like! (although I suppose I should tell her well done for writing 1-40 correctly with no help!)






I'm at my wits end... Seriously I've had enough. All I want is a nice looking house but everywhere I go, literally, I see a scribble on the wall. I just don't know what to do anymore. I've punished them, taken away privileges, thrown I don't know how many pens and crayons away, grounded them, banned them from the computer or games console. You name it I've tried it, yet STILL they draw on the walls.


I keep telling myself that one day, in the not to distant future, I will look fondly at this and wish they were still little and still drawing on the wall, but for now I just have to take a deep breath and reach for the paint brush AGAIN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment