PAIRSinPears helps children with their reading, spelling and writing, letter recognition, pattern recognition, memory and cognitive skills, the alphabet, vowels, vocabulary, rhyming and more.
PAIRSinPEARS is a cool twist on the name as you have 4 sets of full alphabet letters in 4 beautiful and distinct designs (similar to Scrabble letters but without the scores) inside a Pear-shaped cloth pouch. Brought to you by the people who brought you.
The game is a word construction game for age 6+, where players race to make pairs of connecting words in matching patterns, but there are several different ways to play the game and you also have the freedom to create your own games using the letters.
The instructions also have 5 Educational Exercises for you to try with your child;
1. Names: Make a pair of the same word (ie Child's name) with letters in the same pattern.
2. Vowels and Consonants: All the tiles are placed face down and the child turns over letters one at a time and tries to make matching pairs of vowels as possible and then does the same with consonants.
3. Alphabetical Order: Create pairs of 3 letter runs, where the patterns in each run are the same.
4. Rhyming: Make pairs of rhyming words of matching patterns.
5. Homonymns: Make a pair of homonymns like TWO/TOO. Homonymns are 2 words that sound the same but are spelled differently and have different meanings.
The you have the actual game of PAIRSinPEARS with 2 different ways to play (scoring or not scoring) which 2-4 players can play.
My older two really enjoyed playing this game and it helped them with their spelling and they enjoyed working out if they had enough letters to make the word they wanted to make (I was close at hand to help with spelling).
Even my 5yr enjoyed playing with the Educational Exercises as I had her create the alphabet and she played the matching game with her 6yr old sister.
All in all a wonderful game that grows with the child and can be adapted to fit the child's needs and level of understanding, which will help them with their reading, spelling and writing, letter recognition, pattern recognition, memory and cognitive skills, the alphabet, vowels, vocabulary, rhyming and more.
PAIRSinPEARS is available from Amazon or on their website. To find out more about Bananagrams visit their website or you can find them on Facebook or Twitter