Monday, 21 May 2012

Happy Birthday Lamby!

35 years ago, aged 2mths old, my parents had me christened. One of the gifts I was given was a teddy shaped like a lamb from my great-uncle.


6 days ago, that teddy turned 35 years old!


Me aged about 10mths with Lamby
What amazes me the most is that Lamby, as I named him as a child, is in excellent condition. Looking at him you would think he was about a year old. Not brand new, but not that old either. On discovering he was in fact 35 years old, you would assume he wasn't a toy to be played with but a toy stored on a shelf, admired but never touched, but you would be wrong. Lamby was one of my favourite toys as a child, I would take him everywhere with me and he has been in too many nativities to remember, even my children have used him in nativities.







Lamby looks better than some of the teddies I have bought for my children. He has both his eyes, although one is a little scratched, but there is no thinning or rips or tears in his fur. 






I think my great uncle certainly got his money's worth when he bought Lamby!  I only wish he was still alive so that I could tell him Lamby is still going strong! Judging from Lamby's label, which is still readable after all this time, Lamby was bought from Marks & Spencer






So what about you? Do you have any of your childhood teddies that your children now play with? How old is your older teddy?

1 comment:

Post a Comment