Monday, 21 May 2012

Schleich Smurfs Review

This summer London has the privilege of hosting the 2012 Olympic Games as well as being the only city to have ever hosted THREE Summer Olympics! In fact the Olympic Torch will be passing within 10 miles of our home on the 28th May and I've already promised my children I will take them to see the torch. 


The last time London hosted the Summer Olympics was in 1948, 64 years ago and who knows if or even when London will host it again, probably not in my lifetime and maybe not in my children's lifetime. Who knows if they will have the opportunity to watch the torch go past again. 


Which is why I want to make this years Olympics special and create memories that they can pass on to the their children in years to come and why I was thrilled when I was offered the chance to review 4 Schleich Smurf figures as a keepsake of the Olympics. 




Schleich have released 10 special Olympic smurf figures, each one in an Olympic pose ready for their chosen games, including one who was lucky enough to win a gold medal and gazes at it proudly. The attention to detail is wonderful, from the sweat on the brow of the weightlifter to the look of concentration and tongue sticking out of the mouth of the javelin thrower, which is the same look of concentration my daughter gets!





My daughter fell in love with these figures as soon as she saw them and was thrilled to be given her favourite Smurf, Smurfette! In fact now she wants me to buy the whole set!



We were sent Swimmer Smurf, Gymnast Smurfette, Relay Runner Smurfette and Shotputter Smurf and she had lots of fun playing with them, as well as keeping them to remember the London 2012 Olympics when it's all over




Each Olympic Smurf can be bought from Amazon costing £3.39 each.


***DISCLAIMER***
I was sent 4 free Smurfs on the understanding I would write an honest review of what I thought about the Smurfs. I received no payment from Schleich and the review is written in my own words and is my own honest and unbiased opinion of the figures

No comments:

Post a Comment