Friday, 25 May 2012

Sudocrem Sunscreen Mousse SP50 Review

Now that the beautiful hot weather has made an appearance it gives me the perfect opportunity to test the Sudocrem Sunscreen Mousse I was sent to review. 

Sudocrem is a name that I've trusted and used ever since I became a mum 9 years ago. Whenever one of my babies have had a nappy rash, which is quite often with the baby, after just one nappy change using Sudocrem the rash has cleared up. In fact, whenever my 2yr old feels sore in her nappy area, she will ask for "cream" knowing it will quickly make her feel better!


So when I was offered the chance to try out Sudocrem Sunscreen Mousse I was pleased because it was from a name I knew and trusted. With my 2yr old she suffers from excsema so I always have to be careful what I use on her skin as it is so sensative, but the Sudocrem hasn't irritated her skin at all.


The mousse made it so easy to put on, usually I hate applying sunscreen as I find it time consuming and tedious, especially with 4 who need it applying, but because I care about my children and want to protect them and their skin from the sun's harmful rays, I do it and I explain the importance of wearing sunscreen to their skin. However with the mousse it just puffed up in my hand, unlike the usual squeezing of a bottle, and just glided easily onto their skin. It also meant it was easy for the older two to apply it themselves and encouraging their independence.


Sudocrem Sunscreen Mousse is SPF 50, hypo-allergenic and specially formulated to protect delicate young skin. It's missing many of the `nasties' found in some conventional sun protection products such as colourants, perfumes and preservatives. Four-star UVA protection offers a superior level of defence against the rats that contribute to longer-term damage. Most skin and sun care experts recommend four or five star UVA protection as the minimum to look out for in a sunscreen. For paddling, swimming and splashing mad kids, the mousse comes with the highest level of water resistance achievable in a sun care product.  
*The information above and below is taken from the Sudocrem website*


A revolutionary factor 50 sun protection mousse for babies & children

  • Using Proderm Technology®, designed for young children and babies
  • Hypoallergenic, paraben/preservative/perfume/additive free
  • Four-star UVA protection
  • Easy and quick to apply, even to impatient little ones
  • Leaves skin feeling soft and smooth
  • More effective than many existing cosmetic sunscreens
  • Absorbed into the skin to give long-lasting protection from UVA and UVB radiation
  • Broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection
  • Also protects against irritation from salt, chlorine, sand and wind burn
  • Rapidly absorbed and does not leave a greasy residue on the skin
  • More resistant to water and towel-drying than conventional sunscreens
  • Does not block the pores of the skin, allowing it to breath naturally

I would definitely use the Sudocrem Sunscreen Mousse again and recommend it to my friends. 

Sudocrem Sunscreen Mousse is available online and instore at Boots

***DISCLAIMER***
I was sent a bottle of Sudocrem Sunscreen Mousse on the understanding I would write an honest review of what I thought of the mousse. I received no payment and the review is written in my own words (apart from where stated) and is my own honest and unbiased opinion of the mousse

No comments:

Post a Comment