Saturday, 16 June 2012

My 1st Blog Award

Today I was tagged in a tweet from the lovely Charlotte over at The Crumby Mummy to say she was awarding my blog an award! The Versatile Blogger Award.




Firstly I would like to thank Charlotte <sob> and I would like to thank all the little people who I have trodden on on my way to the top <sob> and thank them for being my stepping stones on my way to success <sob> (think Halle Berrie's infamous emotional Oscar acceptance speech when she won her Oscar for Monster's Ball)


Seriously though, this award is a little bit of fun and an interesting meme to learn some interesting facts about each other.


The Versatile Blogger Award
The rules are:
* Thank the Blogger/s who awarded you this award and link back to them
* Share 5 Random Facts about yourself
* Spread the joy by nominating other bloggers for the award


So as part of winning this award I have to share 5 fun facts, so here they are;


1. I hated Star Wars until I actually watched the digital re-release in the cinema in 1997 for the films(and mine) 20th birthday. It was the first time I actually watched all 3 films from start to finish and I fell in love. So much so that a few years later, in 1999, I was stood outside the Odeon cinema in Leicester Square, London for the première of Episode I: The Phantom Menace and actually watched the film the following day. It was a surreal experience and the atmosphere made up for the film's shortcomings, especially as there were people in costumes and everyone cheered and clapped when the film started and finished!


2. I once wrote a short story based on Star Wars. I got the idea after watching Austin Powers - The Spy Who Shagged me when Scott Evil appears on The Jerry Springer Show and finds out Frau Farbissina is actually his mother. In my short story it is Luke Skywalker who appeared on the show and found out Darth Vader was his father


3. When I was younger, I used to love writing stories. Unfortunately I would start them, or write the plot, but I never finished them. In fact out of all my ideas and stories that I started, I only ever finished one story, which I still have in a folder. 


4.. Hubby, myself and all 4 children have names beginning with the letter R and the last name of T. The baby and I share the same initials and DD1 and DD2 have almost the same initials, the difference being that DD1 has 2 middle names and DD2 only has 1 (DD1 is named after both grandmothers, if I hadn't you can bet I wouldn't have had any more daughters!). I also remember when I was in school that my friend found it hilarious that my initials were R.C and he called me R.C by name, Arsey by nature!


5. When I was 8 I wrote to the Queen. I had heard that the Queen sent telegrams to people when they reached 100 and I worked out that my 16yr old cat was 112 in cat's years and I wanted to know if the Queen would send him a telegram. I actually got a reply from the Queen's Lady-in-Waiting telling me the Queen had asked her to write back thanking me for the letter but unfortunately there were some things the Queen couldn't do and sadly that was one of them. I was so proud of that letter and proudly took it to school to show everyone. Our cat lived another 3yrs until he sadly died of cancer aged 19!


So now it is my turn to tag some interesting blogs and award them the Versatile Blogger Award. So, in no particular order, my choices are...


Karen at Missing Sleep
Katie at Katie Cupcake Cymru
Sophie at Being Mum
Elly at Running Rants
Suzanne at 3 Children and It




4 comments:

Post a Comment