Friday, 17 August 2012

Paul Lamond Games - What's Up? Review

Can you guess... What's on your head?  Can you guess... What's Up?
In this children's version of the classic parlour game, there are four categories of cards - people, sports, transport and animals and the children take it in turns to ask questions to work out the answer. Am I a lion? A fire engine? A balloon? 

To get started, the chosen cards (just animals for younger children or all the cards for older ones) are shuffled and placed face down in the centre. Each player then puts an adjustable plastic holder on their head, takes a card from the pile and without looking at the card they slot it into the card holder on the front of the headband. Each card has an image on it and each player has to guess what's on their head by asking questions to which the answer must be YES or NO.



We were sent a copy of this game, and it really is a fun game to play on a rainy day or any day, with friends or together. Aimed at children aged 5+, my 5yr old enjoyed the fact that she could join in with her older brother and sister and didn't feel left out. To begin with I had to help her think of questions to ask, but I'm confident that the more she plays the easier she will find it to think of her own questions. I also liked that it was an educational game as well as a fun one, with children having to think what questions to ask to find out the answer and then using logic to put all the clues together. In fact my son made a comment which suited the game perfectly when he declared "I'm a detective! I've put all the clues together and I think I am a pirate!" He was right on both counts, not only was he a pirate he was also a detective!



Whats Up? Is by Paul Lamond Games and available from most toy retailers with a RRP of £9.95 and is for 2-4 players aged 5+

***DISCLAIMER***
We were sent a copy of Paul Lamond's "What Up" for free on the understanding I would write an honest review of what I thought about the product. I received no payment and the review is my own honest and unbiased opinion of the product and I retain full editorial control and integrity. 


No comments:

Post a Comment