Thursday, 20 September 2012

#R2BC Getting Back Into Blogging

As a friend of mine, Suzanne over at the fabulous 3 Children and It, pointed out to me yesterday, my blog recently reads like a review site with review and review being slowly posted. In fact she asked me if I was just going to be reviewing things on my blog from now on.

The reason for this is simple... I got out of blogging during the summer holidays, as I found it hard to find time to sit down at the computer and write due to distractions. Every mum knows what I mean by distractions... the endless "She did that... He did this... Can I have... Can we go... That's mine... He said... She said..." Not to mention a very clingy 2yr old who thinks that every time I've sat down, no matter where I'm sitting, I've sat down just for her so that she can climb all over me and do the boobie gymnastics!!! I can just see all you breastfeeding mamas out there nodding as you know exactly what I mean!



So my blog became a little bit neglected over the summer and as we all know, it can be hard to get back into a routine of doing something once you get out of the habit! 

So I decided, what better way to get back into the blogging saddle, than linking up with the wonderful R2BC linky hosted by the fabulous Mich over at Mummy From The Heart.

1. We had a good summer holidays, hubby was working flat out. He was working 6 days a week and a good 10-12hr shift at that because he was so busy at work. He works for a dry cleaning business and being a tourism area they had a lot of hotels, b&b's, guest houses and caravan sites sending their dirty bedding and wanting it back ASAP! But even though he was working hard, we managed to get a few days together where we went to London. In London we went to LolliBop which the kids enjoyed and even got to go on the London Eye and the new cable cars over the Thames by the O2. There was so much to see and do, that we hardly did anything in the 2 days we were in London and we had a very very long journey down! It was worth it although we're hoping to go for longer next year, camping nearby in a campsite a friend has recommended. 



2. Whilst we were in London I got to visit with one of my oldest friends who was my best friend back in Secondary School and we were close until he moved to London over 10yrs ago. Lee is such an amazing person, he suffers from Freidrichs Ataxia which is a wasting disease of his nervous system but rather than sitting at home feeling sorry for himself because of all the things he can't do, he moved to London and went to university where he used his mind and earnt a doctorate. He has also travelled to lots of different countries all over the world and has lived life to the full! We had a wonderful evening reminiscing and catching up as I hadn't seen him in 7yrs and I can't wait to see him again! It was like we hadn't been apart, we were having such a good time laughing and joking!

3. The kids are back in school YAY Although I loved spending time with them, by then end of the holidays it's such a relief to send them back to school and have some very important ME time!

4. The baby has started playschool! Where does time go? Next year will be the one and only year that I have all 4 in the same school! The baby will be in the nursery class (2hrs in the morning) and DS will be in his final year! Scary how fast time is going, I just wish I had a magic wand to slow time down! She only goes to playschool two mornings a week which is enough for her. She's finding it hard going at the moment, crying whenever I leave her, but slowly she is getting better. At first when I dropped her off she would cling to my arm, now she will let go of me when we get there but she does still cry. Today on the way to playschool she was saying "Playschool morrow, me stay home with mummy!" but when I went to pick her up she was a lot happier and I was told she actually joined in today and had been giggling. In fact, walking home from playschool today we saw one of the playschool people and she said hello to the baby who turned to me and said "Dat my friend!" 

5. The older kids are enjoying being back in school and back with their friends. DS is now in year 5, DD1 is a new junior in year 3 and DD2 is in year 1. They all seem to like their new teachers and seem happy in their classes. DD1 wants to join the Urdd (a Welsh group for children, part of the Eisteddfod and being members means they can compete in the Eisteddfod competitions) DS has been a member since he was in year 3 and he wants to rejoin. 

6. I've started Welsh again, which is always a good laugh and I get on really well with the others in the class (there is only 4 of us) of course when I was sending a message in Welsh to my teacher, it wasn't very helpful having my 9yr old son sat beside me, laughing and telling me how rubbish I was at Welsh! The ironic thing is, when I was his age I was probably just as good at Welsh as he is now! Sadly the Secondary school I went to, whilst being in Wales, wasn't very Welsh and I got away with being speaking English in my Welsh lesson. Now I want to relearn my Welsh so I can help the kids with their schoolwork and also to help me at work as I work in a supermarket every Saturday and a lot of the customers who come to my till do speak Welsh.

7. I have a wonderful dad who is always helping and doing things around the house for us. Technically, as he is our landlord, some of the jobs he should be doing, but because I'm his daughter he will make them a priority! He's also been helping me with my get my car back on the road as it failed its MOT and what my dad can't do, another friends hubby is going to do for me. My dad also thinks he has solved the overheating problem which has been going on for a year now and has been to 3 garages but no one can find the fault. We'll know for sure once it's back on the road and I can take it to somewhere it is guaranteed to overheat.

8. Next month is our 8th Wedding Anniversary. It's amazing to think we've made it this far without either or us killing each other, especially with all the crap we've had to deal with! We're hoping to go away that week and join my parents on their canal boat. It will be the first time the baby has been on the boat as I was pregnant with her last time we went. The kids can't wait to go again as they all enjoyed it and even willingly wore the life jackets we made them wear, despite all the children we saw on boats without one!

So there's my reason's to be Cheerful this week. What are yours? Why not take a moment and join in. Two often we get bogged down with everything else that the bad seems to out weigh the good and when things seem to be going badly, it's nice to think about the good things for a change. 



Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart

6 comments:

Post a Comment