Sunday, 23 September 2012

Technokit Rivetz Racer Review

The Technokit range from Interplay is about to introduce an innovative and fresh new challenge for kids with the launch of the exciting new Techonokit Rivetz collection!



All boys love to build, so will be captivated by these new technology based kits, as they use the patented Rivetz Gun to snap and fix pieces of the pre-cut and decorated card together, to create projects such as a Dragon, a Giant Hornet or an awesome red, black and white Racer.



Each Rivetz kit contains highly coloured, glossy card, the Rivetz Gun and the all-important Rivetz that once fitted together, make giant sculptures for boys to be proud of. The unique thing about these kits is that the Rivetz Gun can also remove the Rivetz without damaging the card, so the sculptures can be taken apart and rebuilt with friends whenever they wish



Whether it's a one off project or a sculpture to be de-constructed again and again, the Dragon, Giant Hornet and Racer will make great features for any boy's bedroom and can be proudly displayed for many years to come. 



We were sent a copy of the Rivetz Racer for my 9 year old son to try out and review. The box contains;
1 Techonokit Rivetz Gun
56 Technokit Rivetz Rivets
56 Technokit Rivetz Rivet Centres
29 Printed Card Pieces
Instruction Manual



The Rivetz Racer is designed as being suitable for ages 8 years and above, but although my 9yr old loved the gun and being able to rivet the pieces together, and I liked how the card pieces were labelled and the holes numbered to make it easier, I found the instructions were very unclear and confusing. More detailed instructions with more pictures might make it easier, as there was no way my son could understand them and even I struggled to make sense, often losing patience and having to come back to it another day. In the end I gave up trying to build it and asked my dad, who is a retired engineer and used to putting complex machinery back together to have a go, and he soon lost patience as well. It was certainly too hard for an 8 year old to build, and I bet even my teenaged nephews would struggle to decipher the instructions and have the patience to sit down and build it. 



It's such a shame as I did like the idea and my son certainly liked the Rivetz gun and helping to rivet the parts together as well as loading the gun ready for the next time it was needed. 

I feel that there is more that can be done with Rivetz kit, but that they need to be simplified a little more, perhaps less pieces and more detailed instructions with step-by-step photographs showing how and where a piece is connected.

Ultimately though, I have to be honest, and had I bought this for my son for Christmas I would have felt let down and that I had wasted my money because as it is, the Rivetz Racer is just too hard for a 9yr old to build. In fact it still isn't built now, as everyone loses interest and patience quickly and it gets put to one side until another day.

***DISCLAIMER***
We were sent a copy of Rivetz Racer for free on the understanding I would write an honest review of what I thought about the product. I received no payment and the review is my own honest and unbiased opinion of the product and I retain full editorial control and integrity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment