Tuesday, 9 October 2012

Schleich Figurines Wildlife Animals Review


When I was a child, one of my favourite toys at my grandparents house, was my toy farm! Everytime I went to visit them I would spend hours playing with it, laying it all out the way I wanted, with each animal in the correct field. I even remember covering it in talc to pretend it had snowed! 

An old picture of me (on the right) and some friends playing
with my farm at my grandparents

When my grandparents died my farm sadly disappeared, never to be seen again, and my children have never had the pleasure of building their own farm, complete with sturdy plastic animals.

So when we received some Wildlife animals from Schleich, I was pleased with how realistic they were. It was almost like rediscovering my old farm, which has a lot more exotic animals in the fields!

We were sent 7 wildlife figures;

 An adult and baby giraffe
A long tongue, a long neck and long legs with spots in between are clues to a giraffe's arrival.

An African baby elephant
A long trunk, tough tusks and big ears are bold features of this lowly leaf-eater.

An Emperor Penguin
Penguins are flightless birds with streamlined bodies and thick coats, making them perfectly suited for life on the ice.

A four-toed hedgehog
The four-toed hedgehog is a small African cousin of the famous European hedgehog. It also has many quills and looks very cute.

A Peregrine Falcon
Peregrine falcons are widespread birds of prey. They hunt and overpower other birds in the air.

A Kangaroo
Leaning on their tails, these marsupials have short but strong limbs.


Using these figure's the children could all build their own zoo and learn all about these fascinating creatures. The figure's are very realistic and true to live with amazing detail. It's almost like holding a tiny animal in the palm of your hand.

On the Schleich website, you can also learn fun facts about each animal and it's something you could print out and share with your children as they build their collection, perhaps even becoming their very own Noah with their own Ark of animals, having as much fun with them as I did with my farm as a child!

My 7yr old in particular, was very pleased that we were sent an Emperor Penguin, as her homework had been to create a poster on Emperor Penguins and as part of her homework she took the penguin to school!


A wonderful little stocking filler for a child or even a collectable for an adult trying to recreate their childhood!

***DISCLAIMER***
We were sent 7 Schleich figures for free on the understanding I would write an honest review of what I thought about the product. I received no payment and the review is my own honest and unbiased opinion of the product and I retain full editorial control and integrity.

No comments:

Post a Comment