Thursday, 18 October 2012

#SylvanianFamiliesParty How Did It Go?

So now I have a few minutes to myself, the older 3 are in school and the 2yr old is watching Cbeebies, I can sit down and post how our very first Twitter party went on Tuesday!



We had a few technical issues before and during the party, mainly caused by the fact my 2yr old decided my smart phone wanted to go for a swim in her full potty! Despite being in rice ICU for 2days, I think it has finally passed away and gone to phone heaven, never to be charged again! 

Having no phone meant that I couldn't upload pictures direct to Twitter, but I didn't think it was a problem at the time, I just assumed I would be able to post them from my camera memory chip. How wrong was I! Every single time I tried to post a picture I just got a message saying the memory size was too large, and as at the time I had a house full of kids, a party to organise and Twitter to watch, I decided to give up trying to post pictures and to just post them here instead!

At our party I was very grateful to have the help of my friend and fellow blogger Katie Cupcake Cymru who even brought some yummy cupcakes for us all! I also had my parents and my SIL and my 14yr old nephew around to help!



In total there was 12 children;
A 14yr old boy
A 9yr old boy
3 8yr old girls
3 7yr olds (2 girls and a boy)
3 5yr olds (2 girls and a boy) and
1 2yr old. 
So quite a mix of ages and sexes.

The party seemed to be a big hit. The Camper Van and Log Cabin were played with, even by granddad and the toddler who had a go, especially whilst the colouring competition was going on. 


The 3 winners of the colouring competition.
From left to right, - 2nd, 3rd and 1st

The colouring competition was a hit with 3 winners each winning a prize and the winner of the Camper Van memory game, much to my surprise was one of the youngest girls!

It was quite hard work, trying to keep up with what was going on on Twitter as well as posting on Twitter and running the competitions and keeping the children entertained, but all in all everyone had a good time.

And thanks to hubby (and his OCD)'s help, the house was tidy within half an hour of the last guest going home and once the children were in bed I was able to sit down and enjoy a well deserved glass of wine!!!

The twitter party was a lot of fun and it was great to see that we made such an impact on Twitter that #sylvanianfamiliesparty was actually trending!!!

And as I finish this post, I would just like to say a big thank you to UKMums.TV for allowing me to host it and to Sylvanian Families for providing the Log Cabin and Camper Van for everyone to play with, as well as party bag gifts and prizes for the winners!

Here are some photo's from the day for you to enjoy!


THE COLOURING COMPETITION






PLAYING WITH THE TOYS






EATING



GETTING TATTOOS


JUDGING THE COLOURING COMPETITION



THE WINNERS ARE...





No comments:

Post a Comment