Thursday, 8 November 2012

#R2BC - We Will Remember Them

This morning I was struggling to find something to be cheerful for to write as my Reason's To Be Cheerful post today. My eldest has been having trouble in school with bullying at school (see The Frustration of Bullying)

But then I remembered. This Sunday is Remembrance Day. A day when we we hold a two minute silence at 11am am on the 11th day of the 11th month as we remember those who fought for our freedom during the two World Wars as well as mourn and honour all those who have lost their lives in more recent conflicts. Today, with troops on duty in Afganistan, Iraq and other trouble spots around the world, Remembrance and this two minute tribute is more important than ever. 


They shall not grow old,
as we that are left grow old
Age shall not weary them,
nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun,
and in the morning.
We will remember them. 



My grandparents and my great-uncle all fought in the wall and I will post more about them on Sunday. 

For them, and everyone else who fought and are still fighting for our freedom  I am entirely grateful for everything they did and that we have the freedom we enjoy today!



On Sunday, I will be attending the Remembrance Day service with my children before heading to the Cenotaph and watching as my daughters join in with their Rainbows and Brownies groups for the laying of the wreaths. 

Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart

So what are you feeling thankful for? Why not find something that is making you feel cheerful amidst all the doom and gloom. Find that silver lining and share the love by joining in the #R2BC blog hop hosted by the fabulous Mich over at Mummy from the Heart and check out all these other blogs which have joined in and share the love

8 comments:

Post a Comment