Tuesday, 6 November 2012

Silly Riddles and Brain Teasers

The girls had friends for tea tonight, a set of sisters that they've become very good friends with and they all get along really well, including the boy.

At tea time we got on the subject of riddles and brain teasers which they were loving and of course when their granddad came to pick them up they wanted me to recite them back to him and before he even had chance to think about the answers, they were all shouting out the answers!



Here are some of the riddles, you might have heard of maybe a few you haven't!

How many of each animal did Moses take on the ark?
Moses didn't take any animals on the ark, it was Noah

Your uncle's sister isn't your aunt. Who is she?
Your Mother

If a red house is made of red bricks, a blue house is made of blue bricks and a yellow house is made of yellow bricks. What is a green house made of?
Glass

How far can a dog run into a field?
Half way, then it's running out of the field

A plane crashes on the border between England and Wales. On which side of the border are the survivors buried?
Neither, the survivors aren't dead!

A man is found dead on top of a snowy mountain. There are no footprints in the snow anywhere near the body and there is no snow on top of the body so it hasn't snowed and all he has is a backpack on his back. How did he get there and what did he die of?
He jumped out of the plane and the backpack was an unopened parachute

I was driving my car with broken headlights through a town with a power cut, so there was no street lights and there was no moon. A black dog stepped into the road and I stopped the car before I hit him. How did I seethe dog?
It was daytime

I have two coins in my hand. They total 55p. One of the coins however isn't a 50p coin. What are the two coins?
A 5p and a 50p. One coin wasn't the 50p coin but the other one was

As I was going to St Ives, I met a man with 7 wives. Each wife had 7 sacks, each cat held 7 cats and each cat had 7 kittens. How many were going to St Ives?
Just me. The others were just sitting on the side of the road

Mary's mum has 3 children. One is called Tom and one is called Dick so what is the name of the other?
Mary

I live in a bungalow, and because I love the colour red every thing in the bungalow is red. The carpet is red, the ceiling is red, the walls are red, the windows are red, the doors are red, even the bricks are red! So what colour are the stairs?
You don't have stairs in a bungalow

If you know any other riddles then feel free to share in the comments, as I'm sure next time they come for tea they're gonna ask for more riddles!

No comments:

Post a Comment