Wednesday, 22 May 2013

Character Online Postman Pat Vehicles Review

Today my 3yr old is sitting beside me watching Postman Pat. She's never seen it before as she usually watches something on Nick Jr or Disney Jr. Unlike my son who always watched Cbeebies!


my 3 year old Postman Pat

But why is she sitting watching Postman Pat and telling me off for singing along to the theme tune? Because she was sent a special Postman Pat vehicle from Character Options and after playing with it all morning she shouted "YES" when I asked her if she wanted to watch Postman Pat. 


Postman Pat van in the box

As a child of the 70/80s I remember watching Postman Pat as a child and I'm pleased to see that the format hasn't changed that much, the episodes are still made using the same stop-motion technology rather than CGI like everything seems to be these days, and Pat hasn't changed himself and neither has the village or the theme tune. The only difference is that, with the Special Delivery Service version it's slightly more modern with the use of helicopters and you see Pencaster as well as Greendale.


Postman Pat TV show

The Postman Pat vehicle she has been sent is his classic, bright red van, the one he drives around Greendale in to deliver all his letters and parcels. The van comes with two parcels which fit in the back of the van with opening doors and a Pat himself who also fits behind the steering wheel to drive the van. It's just a shame it doesn't come with Jess the cat as well as it's strange to see Pat driving around without Jess!


Parcels in the back of the van

Pat beside his van

Front view Pat in his van

Side view Pat in his van

other side view Pat in van

The classic Royal Mail van can be used on it's own, or can be added to the rest of Postman Pat's vehicles, accessories and buildings which also include a road and rail tracks to build your own Greendale!


My 3 year old daughter is loving the van, made even more special by the accessories and that the doors open and close and that Pat can be used inside the van or out! She's spent all morning playing with it and I know if I show her the rest of the Postman Pat vehicles she'll want more of them!


My 3yr old playing with Pat and his van

My 3yr old playing with Pat and his van

My 3yr old playing with Pat and his van

My 3yr old playing with Pat and his van

It's also a great way to introduce a show that I enjoyed as a child to my daughter. In fact one of the best things about becoming a parent is rediscovering old, beloved movies and TV shows that I remember as a child!


My 3yr old playing with Pat and his van

My 3yr old playing with Pat and his van

My 3yr old playing with Pat and his van

***DISCLAIMER***
we were sent a Classic Postman Pat Vehicle from Character Online for free on the understanding I would write an honest review of what we thought about it. I received no payment and the review is my own honest and unbiased opinion of the product and I retain full editorial control and integrity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment