What she likes most is earning badges herself and not as a group and will happily work at home to earn the badge she wants. She recently earnt her "Friends to the Animals" one which took her awhile. She made a scrap book of when she looked after the school hamster, another scrap book of when she was a Zookeeper for the Day. She even made a poster about the Bottlenose Dolphins which live on our doorstep in Cardigan Bay and imitated animals for her six to guess. She was so proud when she finally earnt it.
Now she wants to earn her Hostess Badge.
To earn this badge she must;
- Make an invitation to send to friends asking them to come to tea, a party or a sleepover. Address the envelope correctly and know which stamp to use.
- Make a plan showing;
* How many people you are expecting
* When they should arrive
* What refreshments you will serve them
* The entertainment you will put on, such as games, activity or show.
- Decorate a room or make a table decoration. Prepare refreshments for your guests
- Welcome and look after your guests. Serve them refreshments and entertain them.
- Wash up and clear away afterwards.
Then she came across this picture
She asked me "Is Princess Kate having a party" So I explained about a Baby Shower, which are slowly gaining in popularity in the UK as a way of celebrating the impending new arrival. She thought this was a great idea and wanted to host one for me and her new baby sister who is due in August as a special way to earn her Hostess Badge. She is also going to blog about it on her very own blog Bilingual Girl (mummy had one so she wanted one!) I'll also be sharing about about the party and the products as well as hosting a competition. We've been offered some great prizes for a competition and for the shower itself as well!!!
Baby Blooms have sent an Ice Cream Cornet Bib. They have also offered a couple more as a competition prize as well!!!
The Gro Company have sent a Little Pop Gro Swaddle
And a Alphapets Gro Bag!!!
We've also had offers of products from MAM UK with a lucky dip competition prize, and Baby&More are sending some Mum2Mum dummies with another competition prize as well.