Sunday, 12 May 2013

Potty Training Update and Pourty Flexi-Fit Toilet Trainer Review

Last time I mentioned the dreaded phrase "Potty Training" it was to say how much trouble we were having potty training my youngest and my 4th. Problems that I have never had with any of my others who quickly took to potty training. You can see the post here

After reading the post we were offered a Pourty Flexi-Fit Toilet Trainer in hopes that it would help my daughter with her potty training. 


Pourty Flexi-fit toilet seat

And I am very pleased to say it did!

My daughter is now almost completely dry during the day, and has been for a month now. She goes everywhere, even on long days out as I attend my fortnightly hospital appointments at the diabetic clinic over 60 miles away as my pregnancy progresses, without an accident. She also happily goes to playschool and uses their toilet and wears big girl panties.


Proud girl using her flexi-fit

I wish I could say we were 100% over the hurdle but she still wears nappies for bed and wakes up with them soaking and the biggest problem we are having is that she will not poop in the potty and will hold it all day until she has her nappy on at bedtime to poop. 

We're trying not to make a big deal out of it as we don't want to make her constipated and unable/unwilling to poop but hope that she will realise that pooping should be done in the toilet or potty and not in her nappy or pants. She has done an occasional poop in the toilet so of course we gave her lots of praise for doing so (much to my older children's disgust as they don't get praise for going to the toilet!)

The Flexi-Fit Toilet Trainer made it a lot easier for her to potty train as she enjoyed being able to use the toilet like everyone else, safely and securely without worrying falling in and feeling like a big kid!

Unlike most traditional toilet seats, the Flexi-Fit has a unique squeeze flex action and adjestable prongs so that it fits securely onto the toilet seat. This is very handy and important because adult toilets come in many shapes and sizes and traditional toilet seats don't have this adjustment and can wobble around and make the child feel uncomfortable and insecure. 


adjustable prongs for a great secure fit

The Flexi-fit's clever design allows you to adjust it once for each toilet for a great wobble free fit and is quick and easy to squeeze on and off the toilet when necessary. 

My daughter loves her Flexi-Fit seat and our home toilet is now the only toilet she will use confidently and on her own, any other toilet and she wants to hold your hand so that she feels safe and secure and doesn't have to worry about falling in (which is a big fear for a toddler!). It's also given her the independence to visit the toilet as and when she needs to go without having to stand there doing the "wee wee dance" whilst waiting for you to notice, hear or finish doing what you're doing. 


Awaiting my big girl, the flexi-fit on the toilet

She now prefers to use the toilet instead of her potty because she wants to be a "Big Girl" like her older sisters. 

Now we just have to work on the pooping issue and we'll be sorted ready for her to start nursery class in school in September, but my health visitor said not to worry about it yet on her preschool check-up. 

Pourty's goal is to design and develop quality products which make every day life easier for parents and children and are good value for money. They began with the Pourty Easy to Pour Potty chair and have now launched the Flexi-Fit Toilet Trainer. You can also find them on Facebook, Twitter and You Tube


***DISCLAIMER***
We were sent a Pourty Flexi-Fit Toilet Trainer for free on the understanding I would write an honest review of what I thought about the product. I received no payment and the review is my own honest and unbiased opinion of it and I retain full editorial control and integrity.

No comments:

Post a Comment